Friday 3 August 2012

The Williams-Sonoma Baking Book Adventure: Before the Beginning

I've decided to bake my way through the Williams-Sonoma Baking Book. The entire Williams-Sonoma Baking Book. I'm going to make every recipe. Even the ones that make me cringe (like anything with cream cheese in it). I can't promise I'll do this quickly (after all, how much dessert/bread/thigh-expanding-goodness can I expect people to eat?), but I do promise every recipe will be tried (usually exactly as written, but there will be substitutions when meat is involved - I'm a pretty strict vegetarian), tasted (though in the case of the offensive cream cheese concoctions, not by me), and reviewed. This might sound slightly crazy to you (and okay, maybe even to me a little), but I recently finished school (a Master's degree) and I've been looking for a job with less than zero success. Baking every recipe in the WSBB seems like a good way to fill my time and distract myself from the facts that 1) my degree appears to be useless, 2) I am contributing absolutely nothing to society, and 3) it's going to take me a lot longer to save the world than I hoped.  

So let the Williams-Sonoma Adventure begin!

P.S. Not a fan of WSBB? Worried that post after post about recipes from a single book might get boring? Have no fear! I plan on spreading out my WSBB baking and including lots of posts about lots of other things to keep it fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment