Wednesday 8 August 2012

Baking for...Pets: Peanut Butter and Banana Pupsicles

Hot summer weather and frozen treats go together better than peanut butter and chocolate. My personal favourite for hot days is a tall glass of frozen lemonade (with or without a little limoncello). While I was enjoying my tasty drink Doggy was watching (like he always does when anything resembling food is involved), so I just had to make my furry friend a refreshing treat, too. He loves peanut butter and I have never been able to eat a banana without him begging at least half of it for himself, so I chose Peanut Butter and Banana Pupsicles. They're super easy and best of all, my version doesn't have any dairy in it like so many of the recipes you can find online (dairy does terrible things to Doggy's sensitive stomach that basically makes it impossible to live with him).

Peanut Butter and Banana Pupsicles
1        ripe banana
1   c   peanut butter
2   T   hot water
6        bone shaped dog treats

Mash the banana with a fork until very smooth.


Add the peanut butter and combine well. You can add up to two tablespoons of hot water if you need to loosen the mixture up.



Spoon the mixture into baking cups. I used silicone, but the paper ones will work just as well.

Smooth the top, pressing down slightly to pack the mixture in tightly. Add a bone shaped dog treat to the centre of each, pushing the pupsicle mixture around each one.


Freeze. Remove from the baking cups right before serving.

 Mmm, that hits the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment